Advocacy is more than just dabbling in public policy. It is, rather, all about being a champion for a cause.
Lend your voice. Get informed.
Here are some ways you can become an advocate for United Way:
- Tell your friends about your involvement with United Way and what we do.
- Write a letter to the editor. United Way needs people who are passionate about education, income and health to make some noise.
- Send a letter to your elected official.
- Wear the shirt. You'll be able to spark a conversation when you wear the LIVE UNITED shirt.
- Join a walk or run in memory or in honor of someone you know or participate for a specific cause.
- Join our Speaker's Bureau. This select group of individuals are passionate about sharing their story. Maybe they received services from a member agency. Maybe they simply are eager to see a change in our community. No matter what, Speaker's Bureau members are on the front lines, helping others understand the importance of United Way. Contact Carmen Schultz for more information.
- Become a Loaned Executive for United Way. The Loaned Executive Program helps United Way keep fundraising expenses down and provides a great learning and growing opportunity for individuals ready to make a difference. Loaned execs are mainly hired during campaign season and help the thousands of companies that run campaigns conduct a successful campaign. Contact Carmen Schultz for more information.
- Link to our web site.
- Sign up for our e-newsletter and keep up-to-date on issues affecting our community.